Monday, February 11, 2013

“Cleanliness = Good Health”






We chose to place the public health sticker in a public restroom in Longhorns. The sticker was posted above the ‘Employee Must Wash Hands’ sign in the bathroom. The sign was posted on the wall above the sink. We chose this location because it is a restaurant and people usually think of it being a clean environment. The sign plays a major part in people’s health because we all would expect cleanliness when handling food. A lot of people eat at restaurants; with student living and work most people do not have time to cook. People put trust in servers, cooks, and bartenders in restaurants to provide them with safe food outside of their homes.
This sign represents a public health issue because cleanliness equals good health. Getting sick is a risk to the public. In restaurants employees handle, prepare, and serve food and by not washing their hands causes a domino effect. Customers can become sick which can spread to friends and people around them, which results in infecting the public. The ‘Employee Must Wash Hands’ sign is important because it can change ones behavior. By having this sign posted in restrooms it can help people with their daily routines with bathroom usage. This sign is also important to reduce infections. Controlling infections in the public is imperative. Cleanliness is needed in restaurants because there are some people who wash their hands before using the bathroom and not after. Having the sign present in the bathroom makes people abide by the rules before leaving.

4 comments:

  1. I like that you placed the sticker above the sign in the restroom. I feel like washing your hands is something that one should not have to think about and just do and especially in a restaurant of all places. I love this more because I feel like it is placing more emphasis on cleanliness. Washing your hands is so simple and has a huge impact on public health, good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of you guys choosing to focus on cleanliness in a restaurant. This is a public health matter because bacteria can be easily passed from people to food. people should practice good hygiene whether or not they are in a restaurant because that's what will prevent disease and promote good health. well done guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I go to restaurants, I assume that my food is handling with cleanness and just like you guys said putting my trust on that restaurant. I really think restaurants are public health, especially washing your hands and handle food with cleanness. I really like this picture because Longhorn is one of my favorite restaurants and I’m glad you guys are encouraging the restaurant that i love to wash their hands. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely want the people managing my food to have clean hands because I am pretty sure they would want the same. It is too funny to think that this sign is a mandatory thing for venues because it is assumed to be a common knowledge thing; however, I guess it is not. It is a very subtle important part of public health.

    ReplyDelete